Shrikhand is a Classic Indian dessert which is made from strained yoghurt. The dish originally from Maharastra and Gujarat, is one of the most healthiest, creamiest dessert best served with puri (deep fried indian bread) or just a standalone dessert.
Making a keto Shrikhand came to me when my brother had Shrikhand puri At home and what I could do is just watch him eat. 😬 Ingredients required for Shrikhand can be found in any Indian household, but you will be requiring a hand mixie to make it. If no mixie, make those biceps work to make it smooth and creamy 😋
Homemade full fat curd – 200 grams
Warm Coconut milk – 2 tbsp
Kesar/ saffron strands – 5-6
Erythritol – 4-5 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Cardamom powder – 1tsp
**Requires a muslin or cheese cloth
1. Take curd in the cheesecloth , tie it properly and hang the cheesecloth somewhere with a bowl below to collect the ahet dripping from it. Keep it for 5-6 hours. You can also keep it overnight
2. Next day, remove the hung curd and place it in a bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, take 2tbsp of warm coconut milk, add the saffron strands and sugar. Keep it aside.
4. Remove the curd, add the milk and cardamom powder . Blend it till all the Lumps are gone and you get a smooth consistency like this. (Below)
5. Freeze it for 1 to 2 hours. Sprinkle some badam/ almonds to decorate and serve it with sweet coconut roti or eat it just like that.
200grams of curd make about 100 GM’s of hung curd and can make 2 servings of 50 grams each.
Macros – makes 2 servings
Fats- 6 grams
Carbs- 2.5 grams
Protein- 3 grams